Cats are notoriously hard to deter from gardens. Here are a few ideas for deterrents with no promise that any will be completely effective.
• Sonic cat deterrents
- STV International Ltd
• Placing deterrents in the cat’s path, attaching strips of prickles to tops of garden fences
• Using repelling plants such as Nettle “Pee-off” plant
• Battery operated devices that spray water at moving objects
- Gonegardening.com 'Pestclear Outdoor'
- Gonegardening.com 'Champ scarecrow'
• Live Cat Traps
- Solway Feeders
- The Trap Man
Least-toxic chemical controls
• Citronella oil or garlic extract-based products (cat repellent rods and granules) can be spread on lawns, garden paths
- Green Gardener
- Bio 'Scat-a-Cat'
- Bio 'Pepper dust'
• Silent Roar Cat Repellant (lion dung)