• Lacewing larvae (Cryptolaemus montrouzieri)
- Green Gardener
- Scarletts Plant Care
- Chase Organics
- Defenders Ltd.
Least toxic chemical control
• Spot treatment with soap or oil sprays
• Dab visible insects with swab dipped in rubbing alcohol
• Citron scents are effective at deterring some insect hence the recent rise in popularity of citronella - fragranced garden candles. You can grow plants with citrus-scented foliage, such as Geranium macrorrhizum, lemon balm and lemon verbena (has aromatic foliage but is not fully hardy so will have to be brought inside in the winter).
• Other aromatic herbs have insect-repellant properties e.g. lavender, mints.