What should I do if I have been exposed to pesticides? E-mail
Please note that PAN UK has no medical expertise, and therefore cannot give health advice.

If you have been exposed to pesticides, you may need to:
  • leave the area or building immediately
  • remove any contaminated clothing
  • if skin has been contaminated, wash thoroughly with clean water. If the eyes have been affected,  again, irrigate thoroughly with clean water
  • avoid further exposure

If you feel unwell, or have any symptoms following pesticide exposure, you may need to seek medical advice. Depending on the severity you could:
  • ring NHS direct for health advice: tel. 08454647
  • contact your GP and ask for an urgent appointment
  • go to your local accident and emergency services

Toxicology is quite a rare specialism within medicine, however medical professionals can contact the
National Poisons Information Service (NPIS) to find out exactly how to treat you. Please note that NPIS does NOT take enquiries from the general public.

If possible find out the name of the product and active ingredients. This is important so that your doctor knows how to treat you and what tests need to be carried out.

It is important to
report the incident, and you may also be interested in PAN UK’s PEX project.

 
sorry. Thanks, but this is a charity site and upgrading from 1.5 is not going to be straightforward when they have no web dev budget, have a heart!