A pesticide ravaged countryside devoid of wildlife is our worst fear at PAN UK,
but every year that becomes more of a reality.
Every survey shows catastrophic declines in the wildlife that we love. The partridge of ‘12 days of Christmas’ fame is nearly extinct in the UK. And many of our other farmland birds are in trouble. Yet, it doesn’t have to be this way. Together we can fight back and turn the tide.
The PAN UK Action Fund exists so concerned citizens like you can support the movement to reduce the use of harmful pesticides. Your gift today will help:
- Keep up the pressure on the government to set pesticide reduction targets – just like they’ve done for carbon
- Help farmers break free of the clutches of the pesticide industry and cut their pesticide use
- Stop new trade deals leading to a decline in pesticide standards and a race to the bottom, US style
And it does work. Generous supporters have achieved the following in the last two years:
- The government was convinced to include a section on reducing pesticide use in its 25 Year Environment Plan
- We persuaded other UK NGOs to walk out of industry green-washing bodies which were pushing the ‘business as usual approach’ which is driving massive declines in wildlife such as bees, birds and butterflies
- Supermarkets are hearing our call to address the over-use of pesticides in their supply chains
Like David v Goliath, the fight ahead of us may seem daunting and even impossible. Yet, when enough good people come together amazing things can happen.
We want to raise £10,000 by early January, so we can make sure action on pesticides is high on the agenda of the new government.
Please give what you can this holiday season. Let’s make 2020 the year we turn the tide.
- Make a regular donation
- Make a one-off donation
Choose a monthly amount to donate:
£5 a month
£10 a month
£25 a month
Or another amount: £
Choose an amount to donate:
Or another monthly amount: £